Monday, July 7, 2008

Rapidshare is pissing me off

DISCLAIMER: SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE USED
(BUT RAPIDSHARE IS PISSING ME OFF)





First they changed the CAPTCHA fonts, making them unreadable most of the times.

Then they put a 90-day limit for files hosted by premium users sharing more than a couple of gigabytes.

Then the changed the style of the web for premium users, making it quite difficult to track the files about to be deleted.

Now they changed the Rapidshare Manager program and cannot be installed in most PCs, giving only a cryptic message: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation", making it quite difficult to massively upload files.

Yeah, I'm pissed off with Rapidshare and their inability to run a user friendly file hosting service.

I'm looking now for a new service, but not sure which one to use, megaupload, ez-share, etc... I'll keep you informed!

6 comments:

  1. First and foremost THANKS for this exquisitely organized blog.

    Secondly, rapidsh* may be a pain, but they are solid. They're the best of a bad lot. The others have their problems too.

    Keep 'em flyin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding to what the other Anonymous said, and echoing his/her thanks for your excellent blog:

    There are sites such as Shareonall, which multiply out the upload to a number of other sites. Perhaps this is the way to go?

    Thanks and keep up the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I love your blog and its one of the reason why a have premium RS, i also have MU, but dosnt work even the premium account. Outside USA.

    Until now, the best for me is RS, or Sharonall, maybe.

    Saludos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart mediafire. But I think you already use them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya; they've always been rather annoying to me, I never liked their service, though the German (*.de) site is kinder, more sensible. I"m with the other suggestion below on Shareonall--that's a great service. If you want to just go with one, Mediafire is quite cool; no hassles, at least not from the donwloaders' end. Good luck finding a good solution to this. And keep up the GREAT work! Excellent stuff you've been sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, since rapidshare recently crop d/l speed for free users down to 50k per sec...what to say:(
    I'm in Europe and every download from Filefactory link is always at max speed...good luck:)

    ReplyDelete